You’ll recognise collaborative technology as the tools and systems that help your team work together and individually, regardless of where that work happens.
Consolidated Technologies Inc. describes collaborative technologies as groupware that “trim the costs and time associated with facilitating group work, from designating roles and responsibilities to routing in-situ documents to checking and approving project parts. They allow for more intuitive and coordinated group problem solving across an entire team’s workflows.”
With 63% of businesses participating in a work from anywhere model, most organisations now find collaboration tools invaluable.
These tools are best known for their ability to help teams:
- Share documents and files
- Dialog in real-time using chat features
- Tag members of a team in pertinent discussions
- Create or change workflow sequences
- Assign tasks and deadlines
- Conduct project management remotely
- Integrate with third-party apps
- Organise video conferences
- Track time and schedule meetings
With 63% of businesses participating in a work from anywhere model where operating remotely or on-site is the employee's choice, most organisations now find collaboration tools invaluable. Considering the rising trend of hybrid work models, few experts believe teams will all reliably function in the same place at the same time anytime for the foreseeable future. In other words, collaboration technologies probably aren’t going anywhere.